If you are someone who constantly likes to revamp your bedroom walls, then peel-and-stick wallpaper might be the ideal choice for you. The very nature of this wallpaper is designed for easy application and removal without causing any damage to your precious walls. The best part of peel-and-stick wallpaper is that it is available in a wide range of varieties, colours, and textures. In addition, the affordable price of these wallpapers makes them the number one choice for many buyers looking for cheap wallpaper options.
In this guide, we will shed some light on the benefits of peel-and-stick wallpaper, things to keep in mind before buying the wallpaper, and much more. So, please read below:
Benefits of Using Peel and Stick Wallpaper:
- The first and foremost benefit of peel-and-stick wallpaper is that it is extremely affordable. So if you have plans to revamp your bedroom walls, you don’t have to break the bank; something as simple as peel-and-stick wallpaper can do wonders for your interiors.
- Putting wallpaper on your own might be a challenging task, but thankfully, that’s not the case with peel-and-stick wallpaper. These wallpapers are much easier to install, allowing you to have more freedom and experiment with different designs.
- Peel and stick wallpapers are quite versatile as they are available in a wide range of textures, hues, and designs, making them an ideal choice for any buyer.
- Another great benefit of peel-and-stick wallpaper is that it is crafted in such a way that it is easy to remove without leaving traces of damage on your walls. Hence, it becomes a great option for people who are renters or for those who are constantly on the move and looking to revamp their accommodation.
Things to keep in mind when buying peel and stick wallpaper
- When buying peel-and stick wallpaper for bedroom walls, consider the size of the room and choose accordingly. It is equally important whether you want to make an accent wall or wallpaper the entire room. The former requires less challenge and effort, while the latter requires more effort.
- Always ask for samples from your wallpaper vendor and assess which wallpaper would suit your bedroom walls—does the wallpaper match with your existing interior, the shades of the wallpaper in dark and light, etc. Asking these questions to your vendor and doing careful sampling will help you buy the best wallpaper for bedroom walls.
- Select a wallpaper design that suits your room size, and it must go well with the other interiors and furniture in your room. From modern to vintage and from patterned to textured, peel-and-stick wallpaper is available in a plethora of styles.
- The colours of your wallpaper will create visual effects in the room. For example, if you are going to wallpaper a small room, going for light and cool tones might be the right option, as it might give the illusion of a bigger room.
Preparation and Application of Peel and Stick Wallpaper
After a mindful purchase of peel and stick wallpaper, now it’s time to prepare your walls and get ready for the application for a successful installation:
- Clean your walls with a slightly damp cloth to get rid of any dust, grime, or dirt. This will help the wallpaper get stuck properly to the walls.
- You must carefully assess whether your bedroom walls have any holes or any pre-existing damaged parts that need to be fixed. It is imperative to get them repaired before wallpaper installation.
- Measure the height of the wallpaper and determine how much wallpaper you would need to cover the entire area.
- Make the layout of the wallpaper and check if there’s any door or window that will come in your way. If it’s a plain wall, then things might be easier for you.
- Always begin installing wallpaper from the top to the bottom of your wall. This will help in better installation and prevent any air bubbles.
- Keep a trimming tool or utility scissors in hand and trim the excess leftover wallpaper and smooth the pasted wallpaper.
- Keep patience, take your time, and do not finish the installation process in a hurry.
How to take care of your wallpaper ?
- Do not install peel-and-stick wallpaper in areas of high traffic, such as the lobby, kids room, etc. Similarly, you should avoid putting them in areas of high moisture, such as the kitchen or bathroom.
- Regularly clean your wallpaper with a soft and slightly damp cloth to remove dirt and dust that accumulate on the wallpaper from time to time.
- Refrain from using any harsh chemicals that are abrasive in nature. This could lead to wallpaper damage in no time.
- If you wish to remove the wallpaper, do it gently without causing any damage to the walls. You may use a hairdryer or a warm blower on a low-heat setting. This would soften the adhesive and make it much easier to peel off wallpaper from the walls.
We hope you find this guide helpful. You can go ahead and revamp your bedroom walls with peel-and-stick wallpaper. They are delightful for those who are constantly looking for novelty and want to elevate the aesthetics of their bedroom walls. If you are looking to buy wallpaper for bedroom walls, you can check out SNG Royal’s impressive collection. We provide free delivery and installation services to our customers.